Regarding MarkBook and Reports Features

Hello,

While exploring the features of Gibbon, particularly the Report and Markbook functionalities, I have some uncertainties and would appreciate further clarification on the following aspects:
From my understanding, teachers can assess students and record grades in the student Markbook. Additionally, I have learned that I can create Report cycles where teachers can report the grades of their respective students so that reports can be printed out if needed.

However, I am unsure about the relationship between the Markbook and Reports features.
Are they separate features, where I can choose to use either one or the other? Or are they interrelated in some way? I am specifically interested in understanding why a teacher would enter grades in the Markbook and then report them manually again during the Report Cycle. I have been unable to find a way to import the grades from the Markbook into the reports.

I would greatly appreciate your guidance on how to effectively utilize the Markbook and Reports features to streamline our grading and reporting processes.

Any insights, documentation, or step-by-step instructions you can provide to help us better comprehend the relationship between these features would be immensely valuable.

Thanks you,

Hello odihamdalaye,

I asked the same question about a year and a half ago:

And Ross Parker’s response here:

Just in case you haven’t seen it, here’s a good presentation on the Reports module:

I find the gradebook is pretty easy and straightforward for most teachers to set up and use for entering student grades.

And the Reports module has a powerful reports generation component.

I started working on a way of marrying the two. With Ross’s guidance and encouragement, I was able to bridge the gap between the Markbook and Reports. I have been able to generate custom report cards for at least five different schools, with grades from the markbook.

If you’re interested in seeing what this looks like, I can share some of the sample Report Cards with you. My email address is info@highpointedu.com

Regards,

Tieku (Official Gibbon Partner).

2 Likes

Hello tiekubd,

Thanks you for your wondeful guidelines, I did not receive a notification about your response so I did not see it until today,

I did watch the Report Demo more than one time, it is indeed a good presentation.

I am absolutely interested, will send you an email ASAP.

Regards,