Reports and Gradebook

I know that from Reports you can access a student’s gradebook. Are there plans to be able to directly reference and pull gradebook marks or calculated totals into the reports. Or would it be helpful to use Reports to directly record grades and skip the gradebook.

Thanks.

Hi Tikeu, we don’t have any plans for this at the moment, but the reports module is flexible enough for you to be able to design hooks into a headless custom module in order to allow this to happen. You could skip the gradebook, but I’d not use it to to store large numbers of grades, as this is not really how its been design…but the gradebook has! Ross.

What about an option to import criteria values?

Hi Tieku, if you’re using v22 there is an importer for Reporting Values by Course and Reporting Values by Form Group, this may be what you’re looking for. These would enable you to import values, provided you setup the criteria to hold those values.

It must be a simple matter to include an option to import a student’s current class average from a Markbook to a report? I’ve been asked about this by our headmaster whom I’m trying to convince to switch to Gibbon.

Hi Qualitymix, the Reports module is designed to be extensible, and so it can handle this. In short it requires a relatively small new custom module when can pull in the data from the database, manipulate it as needed, and then add it to a report template that you can deploy. Let us know if you’d like to learn more about this process, or are interested in our Expert Support service to help set it up. Cheers, Ross.

I am interested in eventually seeing this relatively small new custom module one day ?

Hi Qualitymix, the Reports module is designed to be extensible, and so it can handle this. In short it requires a relatively small new custom module when can pull in the data from the database, manipulate it as needed, and then add it to a report template that you can deploy. Let us know if you'd like to learn more about this process, or are interested in our Expert Support service to help set it up. Cheers, Ross.

I’m definitely interested. This likely means the difference between adopting Gibbon for our school or not. I am a programmer so I have no issue rolling my sleeves up and diving in. Eventually, if we do adopt Gibbon at our school, we would be paying for the support. I just need to show that the system can work as a drop in replacement for our school.

Hi Qualitymix, this is never an easy decision to make, and we’d be happy to chat with you to see how we can help. Do you want to email support@gibbonedu.com and we can get the ball rolling, perhaps with a video call? Thanks!

Hi Qualitymix, this is never an easy decision to make, and we'd be happy to chat with you to see how we can help. Do you want to email support@gibbonedu.com and we can get the ball rolling, perhaps with a video call? Thanks!

Email sent.