Would Like To Delete Attendance Taken For Wrong Date

Hi there,

First of all, thanks so much for creating this amazing resource. It takes some time to get used to (and some hair pulling at times), but it’s a great tool that’s so useful.

I just have a quick question - We run a supplementary lesson school, so students just come once or twice a week for lessons. I took attendance the day after class (3 Feb, instead of 2 Feb), and now I can’t seem to delete the attendance for 3 Feb. Instead I’ve added the correct attendance for 2 Feb, and for 3 Feb, the only option I have is to put the student as absent. Is there a way to delete it? Thanks so much!

coelomate23,

Thanks for your positive feedback…and yes, Gibbon has quite a steep learning curve for admins, but is hopefully intuitive for teachers, students and parents.

In terms of your questions, there is an option called Manage Attendance Logs in Admin > User Admin (main menu) then Manage Permissions (module menu) under the Attendance section. If you enable this for you, and then go into the relevant attendance section and date, I believe you should be able to adjust what you need.

Let me know if not.

Ross

Hi Ross,

Thanks for your quick reply. I’ve gone to the module and the option has already been checked. I’ve been able to change the options from Present to Present-Late or Absent etc, but what I’d like to do is remove any option (so just a blank instead of present/absent). I might not be going to the right tab, but I’ve attached a few screens of where I go to.

Thanks Ross!

Sorry, I misunderstood. The only way to do this at the moment is to delete the relevant records directly in the database. Is this something you foresee having to do often, or is this a one off? Ross.

Hi Ross,

It’s probably going to be one-off, but I think I can manage those few records. Just wanted to check if there was another way that I was missing because this program is amazing and I’m trying to wrap my head around all the functionality :slight_smile: Thanks for creating this!

OK, sounds good. You can use Manage Special Days (under Admin > School Admin in the main menu) to close school on certain days, which might help avoid this issue. Thanks for the positive feedback…and keep enjoying Gibbon : )