What if a class has 2 homework but different due date?

Hi Gibbon team

Right now the planner accepts 1 homework per day per class. Any suggestion on how to achieve having 2 homework on same day (planner) but with different due date?

Regards,
Gary

Hi Gary, that is something I never thought about! Due to the data structures in use, implementing this would be somewhat time consuming, and so the core team are unlikely to do so. However, if you know, or can hire, someone with PHP skills, it is possible that they can implement this. If the changes then fit with the general direction of Gibbon, we could look to integrate into the core. Thanks, Ross.

Hi Ross

Understood and thanks.
Also I don’t think I can have Internal assessments appear in class Markbook, so that is also not an option.

Regards,
Gary

Hi Gary,

I’m not sure I follow. Do you want to have a set of test results show in the Markbook, as a baseline? That can be set up under Admin > School Admin > (Manage) Formal Assessment Settings. The word Manage is being phased out of Settings pages in v19, so whether you see that or not will depend on your version.

Cheers,

Ross

Hi Ross

I was thinking of using Internal Assessments as the 2nd assignment/homework on same day. However this won’t work because Internal assessments are not the same as assessments in Markbook, and they appear in separate reports.

Tried to create an internal assessment, instead of viewing the scores under Assess > Markbook, together with other quizzes, tests etc, it is showing the scores separately under Assess > Formal Assessment.In other words, I have to read/view/print two reports if we have both normal Markbook assessments as well as Internal Assessments. Understand it is how the system works and it is also a bit off the original post topic so I might start another post if necessary.

Regards,
Gary