upload students detail with patrent

Dear Sir,
Firstly, thanks a lot your effort developing Gibbon.

I am exploring it, I faced an issues:
Inserting student details can be done either form ‘People > Students > Applications form’ or through the import page.
1- When inserting student’s information through Application form, I am able to add all information except for the Guardian/parent. Admin infor are stick automatically as guardian and aren’t editable although I am admin and I am not the parent. Any solution.

2- When inserting student’s info through import page - which I prefer - everything runs smoothly until the last step, creating student’s username and password. The process is successful but the is failed to be created due to the fact that - according to the error message - the official name of the parent is missing, should not be null. I looked for this, and found no official name column for the parent, and it says no email address for the parent was found althoug the email address is there.

I presonally prefer the system sends email to the parents including student’s log in.

Any solution is appreciated.
System info: Gibbon v22
PHP 7.

Thanks

Update!
Missing information in the original post:

Dear Sir, Firstly, thanks a lot your effort developing Gibbon.

I am exploring it, I faced an issues:
Inserting student details can be done either form ‘People > Students > Applications form’ or through the import page.
1- When inserting student’s information through Application form, I am able to add all information except for the Guardian/parent. In the Guardian filed, admin info are stick automatically as guardian and aren’t editable although I am an admin and I am not the parent. Any solution.

2- When inserting student’s info through import page - which I prefer - everything runs smoothly. The student in this case applied and need to be accepted. I go to ‘Manage Applications’ under studens and I click the green tick to accept the sutdent leading to creating student’s username and password. The process is successful but the parent info is failed to be created (error message: SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1048 Column ‘officialName’ cannot be null) and (Parent 1 could not be created!). I looked for this, and found no official name column for the parent. Another message (There are no parent email addresses to send to) althoug the email address is there.

I presonally prefer the system sends email to the parents including student’s log in. Due to this failure I might use parent’s email in the filed of student’s email which acutally works.

Any solution is appreciated.
System info: Gibbon v22
PHP 7.

Thanks

Hi imvschule,

For your first question, Gibbon will automatically fill in the details of logged in users, which is useful for staff and existing parents to create new applications. For admin, be sure to go to Manage Applications and click Add, then select Blank Application (or attach one to an existing family if needed). Users without access to Manage Applications can also logout of Gibbon first, then fill in the application.

For your second question, I’ve checked the import and it does indeed appear that Official Name is missing for both parents in the import definition. I’ve updated it, which you can see here and copy the same file into your system in the resources/imports folder. For existing applications, perhaps click Edit and fill in the missing official name using the Surname + First Name data, so that you can accept any applications you’ve already imported.

There are some big changes coming to the application form in v23, which will ideally streamline and improve these areas of the system, especially emailing credentials, so keep an eye out for this in the next version January 20, 2022.

Thanks,
Sandra

Thanks a lot for your response.
I downloaded the desired file named ‘studentApplicationForm.yml’ and uploaded it into the system ‘resources/imports’. This replaced the old file.
Unfortunately, I got this error in Gibbon import page:

Am I missing something else?

Thanks

I took the original ‘studentApplicationForm.yml’ file and added manually the codes for parent 1 and parent 2 official names and saved it and uploaded it.
I was able to access Gibbon import file page but once I click on student application form I get this error:

Ah, oops! My system is running in case insensitive mode so I didn’t catch the typo, I’ve fixed the case of these variables and updated it here: https://github.com/GibbonEdu/core/commit/507168caada2786590d5ca530c92126421923f92

Ah, oops! My system is running in case insensitive mode so I didn't catch the typo, I've fixed the case of these variables and updated it here: https://github.com/GibbonEdu/core/commit/507168caada2786590d5ca530c92126421923f92

Perfect, Thanks
Sorry for that I have lots of questions:
Generally problem solved with
two issues ‘please see the photo’.
1- Parents couldn’t be inserted.
2- Parent’s email couldn’t be recognized although it was inserted (This is important).
Comment:
The fields (Special education needs, Payment made) are not marked with asterisk even though I couldn’t submit the form without filling them.

Another general question:
I am wondering if it would be possible to control registration form fields. To remove some fields to be rather short and simple. I mean adjust it to my needs. Is it possible?

Sorry, I saw in ‘Manage families’ parents were inserted but email was not sent to them.

Be sure to select [ Skip this column ] for columns that you are not importing, rather than leaving a blank or null value. This can be used for the SEN and Payment fields as well.

Before accepting the application, can you click Edit to double-check that the email address is in the field, and in a valid format.

Be sure to select [ Skip this column ] for columns that you are not importing, rather than leaving a blank or null value. This can be used for the SEN and Payment fields as well.

Before accepting the application, can you click Edit to double-check that the email address is in the field, and in a valid format.

Thanks worked.