I found a solution for users that use Windows to translate Gibbon into another “installed” language. You can watch my short solution video:
- Make sure your Gibbon installation has a 100% passed system check (you will need to installed certain PHP extensions)
- Install the Languages you want
- Create a System Variable in Windows called LANG
- Change the variable to the language code you prefer (requires adding the language to the Gibbon installation). For example: LANG=es_MX to use Gibbon in English
- Restart Apache server
- Refresh browser
- Start using Gibbon in the language you prefer.
Have a great day!
Another step missing in my presentation… Windows must be set in the language that will be used in Gibbon…
Hi Manuel, thanks for sharing these instructions I’d be happy to add these with a link to the video in our documentation, with your permission.
Of course, Sandra! That would be an honor!
this is great, i will try it next time i need to test gibbon on my local environment, last time i tried arabic wasn’t showing up on XAMPP
Thanks Manuel, I’ve added this information to the docs here: https://docs.gibbonedu.org/administrators/misc/internationalisation/ Feel free to use the “Edit Page” option through GitHub if you’d like to suggest any changes to the instructions.
Hello,I have always to change the language on windows before i changed on gibbon , any suggestion to solve this probleme? Thank you