Timetable Print

Hi,
Not sure when the next version of Gibbon may be coming out but a thing that might help is being able to print timetables like students ones so that they can be given to students. This would really help
Thanks

gpsal, thanks for getting in touch. One of the aims for my school when we started designing Gibbon was to avoid printing, and as such we never built this kind of functionality. v15 is coming along well, but the team are really busy with the existing list of features. We could look to add this to v16, which is due out in June 2018. Would this be of any use to you? Thanks, Ross.

Hi Ross,
It would really benefit our school but with the need for it as soon as possible, but no worries i was just suggesting a further development that may benefit other schools too. Thanks for your reply.
Alice

Hi Alice, I am not sure we can deliver this one in v15, but I will keep it in mind as we go forward. Unfortunately I cannot make an form commitments on this one, as we really have our hands full with v15 and v16 already. Perhaps someone in the community might step forward and provide this one.

Thanks very much

Is the Print available on the V18 version? This would be great since some of our younger kids from y1 to y4 are not allowed to use electronics devices in our school and always looking for timetable hahaha

Hi dgago,

It’s not available as of yet. We currently have our hands full with some ongoing changes to the core, but would welcome anyone in the community who wished to add this feature.

As a quick workaround, if you browse to Timetable > View Timetable by Person and select a student, you can change the index.php in the url to <code class="CodeInline">fullscreen.php and it will give you a single-page copy of the student’s timetable that you could then print through your browser.

Hope this helps!

I do hope Gibbon comes up with a feature to export timetable (which looks like a timetable and not columns) as a csv file !

(If it is able to import in a similar format that will be a huge bonus) !

Hi flygye12. It’s not on the roadmap right now, our limited time is currently focused on the refactoring efforts that are underway. But we do welcome community contributions :smile: