Suggestions for a small school with rolling classes

Hey all,

I’m just getting started with Gibbon and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions about the initial setup. I have a small English school in Vietnam. Right now we’re just 3 teachers. We plan on expanding in the next year to a few more teachers. We teach kids and adults all starting classes at different times and in different levels. I was wondering if you had any suggestions about how we should setup our years/classes.

In my mind, I was planning on just having one large term (like 10 years) to not worry about rollover and what not. I’m just wondering if there are any problems with that?

Peter,

As far as I can see having one long term should not be an issue. It might cause some performance issues in some screens, but most likely if you are not using terms anyway, then this should not be an issue.

One piece of advice would be to use Manage Permissions (under Admin > User Admin in the main menu) to disable any features that you do not need. In addition you can use Manage Modules (under Admin > System Admin in the main menu) to disable entire modules.

@george did you set up that tutorial center that we discussed? I don’t recall if you did. Either way, do you have any input here for Peter?

Thanks,

Ross