Student Enrollment on Past Year (school record)

Hi,

I need to enroll students on a past years (starting from 2014) so that we can keep truck of our students record.
What I have done:
---->create a school in year 2014 and enroll students
---->create mark book and fill the marks, to keep aggregate mark of students in that year
---->change 2014 school year status to current in Home > School Admin > Manage School Years
---->setup the upcoming year (2015)
----->and then I rollover
Problem:
---->Some of the students(like 50%), their status changed in to left both in 2014 and 2015
----> editing their status have no effect. unable to enroll them

I couldn’t figure out why this happening. If my way of addressing the issue (Past record…) is not appropriate, what is else I can do.

Regards

Interesting approach. :slight_smile: Anyway, that definitely won’t work. :frowning:

You can do this quite easily without conducting any form of rollover, changing current year, etc. Basically all you have to do is getting the enrollment records for all respective years. The import is found here:

Admin> System Admin> Import & Export> Import From File: Students: Admissions/Student Enrolment

Good luck! :slight_smile:

Thanks Roman for the immediate response,
Good to here.
Since I was working with around 300 students, I populate the database entirely through the Import module for admission, enrollment, managing course and classes, creating mark book columns as well as inserting marks.
Everything was fine until I rollover.
–>Why do the more than half the students status became Left?
–>Does these mean I have to use import for all past years one by one?

Regards

To add more on my previous post, I am guessing the problem might occurred due to the changing of current status of the school from the default to past year.
Is there any way to correct the data or shall I stary all over again.

Regards,

Thanks Roman for the immediate response, Good to here. Since I was working with around 300 students, I populate the database entirely through the Import module for admission, enrollment, managing course and classes, creating mark book columns as well as inserting marks. Everything was fine until I rollover. -->Why do the more than half the students status became Left? -->Does these mean I have to use import for all past years one by one?

Regards

In short, the rollover action wasn’t designed to get historic data into Gibbon. Can’t answer the first question. For the second: no, it’s really up to you. Do it year by year or in bulk. :slight_smile:

To add more on my previous post, I am guessing the problem might occurred due to the changing of current status of the school from the default to past year.
Is there any way to correct the data or shall I stary all over again.

Regards,

Your student data is a little messy now. :frowning: To correct it will take much time. Better start afresh based on backup from before rollover. :slight_smile:

Hi anteneh, the student enrolment and markbook imports all have the school year as a field. That means you can use a current installation, and import historic data. It sounds like Roman might be onto something with the idea of starting afresh. Did you keep your import files as you went? Otherwise, you can try and unpick the issues, but that might take longer. Ross.

Thank you very much…
Your comments are very helpful. Taking Romans Advise, I start fresh. But still I couldn’t figure it out why the data was messed up. But at least, I learned some of the not to do things.
I truly appreciate your effort.

You are most welcome! If you want to share your data with support@gibbonedu.org, we can try and take a look at what is going wrong. If it is a relatively quick thing, we can do it for free. If it is more involved, we are happy to provide paid support. Cheers!