Single Sign-on

Does Gibbon support authentication protocols like SAML, JWT, Oauth?

Hi Kelvin,
There are plans to make these features easily usable in the not so distant future (we hope) when we implement routing, but currently the only built in third party authentication I’m aware of is with google.

The cutting edge/upcoming v21 does also introduce a custom code loader into the login page which you can inject additional authentication methods into the login code as a quick and dirty way to allow schools to do their own thing before routing is implemented, this is currently in use at my school for LDAP logins but it could likely be made to work with other auth methods.

Hi @Ashton thank you for the quick reply,

Just a quick question again, does the current incomplete v21 in github contain this commit on the login page?
And I must say thank you for the effort and the good work displayed by the Gibbon community.

HI Kelvin,
Yep, it’s in the current v21 github branch… You just need to put a file named login_custom.php with your custom authentication code into the root directory and it should work. The code I use for LDAP is attached for an example of the usage.

HI Kelvin,
Yep, it’s in the current v21 github branch… You just need to put a file named login_custom.php with your custom authentication code into the root directory and it should work. You can also run queries within the code so if you want to create accounts or update passwords on logins that’s possible.

Hi @Ashton,
I will definitely check out the file in github branch and try setup the sso, Gibbon as my IDP. Incase run into issues I will come here for more advice or contact the Gibbon support team through email.

So Gibbon does not as yet support SAML 2 as a Service Provider?

Hi Tieku, correct, at this time there isn’t support for SAML2. We’d like to improve the SSO options in the future, and if there is a dev who is interested in taking this project on we’re happy to work with them. Much of our dev efforts the past few versions have been focused on refactoring. It’s on the feature request list, but not available at this time.

Thanks Sandra,
Good to know.
I’d like to interface with an IDP that supports SAML, JWT and Oauth.

Maybe LemonLDAP::NG would be a nice provider to have?
https://lemonldap-ng.org/welcome/