rollgroups: What exactly are those meant to?

Hi! We have a language institute and I am trying to set up Gibbon so it adapts to our needs. And one of the first questions I ran into, what are rollgroups? Can someone explain me better? I read gibbon “get started with” and “timetabling” but I still can’t fully understand it.

Thanks in advance

javiers, in a traditional school setting, a roll group (also known as a form group, tutor group, homeroom, etc) is a grouping of students for administrative and care giving (or pastoral purposes). The group has a teacher who is the called the tutor, and the tutor and students will meet for daily attendance. The tutor will also be notified of behaviour problems, etc. Ross.

Oh I got it now! Thanks so much for the explanation!
So that won’t apply for my specific case