Professional Documents of a Teacher

Hello Members,

Where can each of the following professional documents be recorded:

1. Records of work
  2. 2. Lesson plans : Done by the planner.
  3. Schemes of work
  4. Progress records

Thank you all in advance.

Hi Kelvin,

For records of work and progress reports, do you mean recorded on behalf of the students, or those of the teacher themselves? Schools have many different terms for things, a quick description of what you’re looking for may help narrow it down.

For 3. Schemes of work, you can use the Unit Planner to create units, which can be ordered, and can then be viewed as a scheme of work by year or subject in Scope & Sequences. I take “schemes of work” and “scope and sequence” to be interchangeable terms.

Hi Kelvin,

For records of work and progress reports, do you mean recorded on behalf of the students, or those of the teacher themselves? Schools have many different terms for things, a quick description of what you’re looking for may help narrow it down.

Hi @ross ,
The Records of work is for administrations purposes to track Subject/Course progress mostly per week. This helps incase a teacher is on leave the replacement teacher would easily know where to pick up + shows what has been covered the whole week per subject/course.

I agree schools use different terms and so:

Records of work and progress records is what I have mentioned above.
While schemes of work sounds more like scopes and Sequence as it puts across the chronological flow of a course/subject in units and not necessarily attached to time.
@admin Schemes of Work → Unit Planner will do that :smile:

Thank you so much for the quick response.

Kind Regards.

Hi Kelvin, I think the closest in Gibbon to a Records of work would be the lesson planner, there is a Yearly View that lists lesson by lesson in chronological order, and in the case of coverage teachers, they can check the lesson details here.