Planner Error How can i fix it

OH NO!

Something has gone wrong: the Gibbons have escaped!

An error has occurred. This could mean a number of different things, but generally indicates that you have a misspelt address, or are trying to access a page that you are not permitted to access. If you cannot solve this problem by retyping the address, or through other means, please contact your system administrator.

Good morning @eliehashash,

The best way to get a quick response on the forum is to provide as much information as possible when you get an error message.

The “OH NO!…” message is a User-Friendly message that appears when the software crashes. This Message is generic and does not provide details to the application developers.

Here is the information you should provide to help the software developers respond to you:

• Version of Gibbon you are using (v25, v26…)
  • PHP version you are using
  • Operating system you are using (Windows, Ubuntu, etc.)
  • Extract from the PHP error log at the date and time of the crash.

Example of an extract from the PHP error log:

[Wed Nov 08 18:11:49.509454 2023] [php:error] [pid 832] [client 127.0.0.1:47154] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: count(): Argument #1 ($value) must be of type Countable|array, string given in /var/www/gibbon.local/modules/Timetable Admin/courseEnrolment_manage_class_edit_addProcess.php:44\nStack trace:\n#0 {main}\n thrown in /var/www/gibbon.local/modules/Timetable Admin/courseEnrolment_manage_class_edit_addProcess.php on line 44, referer: http://localhost/index.php?q=%2Fmodules%2FTimetable+Admin%2FcourseEnrolment_manage_class_edit.php&gibbonSchoolYearID=025&gibbonCourseID=00000002&search=&gibbonCourseClassID=00000002

THANKS !
Sylvain

Gibbon : v25.0.01, PHP v8.1.2, MySQL v8.0.35, Ubuntu 22.04.3

1 Like

Gibbon Version

v26.0.00

OK

PHP Version

OK

MySQL Version

Is your Gibbon installation on Windows, Ubuntu or another operating system?

Do you have access to the PHP log to extract the lines concerning your error?

web hosting not direct on pc

i have a access at cpanel how can I get the PHP logs

@smarcil Thanks for helping troubleshoot, much appreciated!

Hi @eliehashash Following this excellent advice, please do check your PHP log. If you visit System Admin > Server Info in Gibbon, it can tell you the location of the logs for your server. Then, in cPanel, use the File Manager to go to this location. It helps if you trigger the error again, to see it at the bottom of the file as a recent error.

Please also share details that we could use to reproduce the error, such as what page you were on before the error, and what you clicked. It looks like you’re running PHP 8.3, so I suspect there may be a PHP type checking error, as PHP 8+ has become more strict with type checking.