PHP DATE/Time setting error

Hi All,

I have successfully installed Gibon. However when i login with my username, I get a PHP error below:

Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system’s timezone settings. You are required to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected ‘Africa/Khartoum’ for ‘CAT/2.0/no DST’ instead in /var/www/html/gibbon/login.php on line 239

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/html/gibbon/login.php:239) in /var/www/html/gibbon/login.php on line 253

I have changed the settings to the correct time zone in /etc/php.ini but no change.

I am running it on Centos 6.8 and have disabled selinux.

Tony,

This is not an issue I am seeing on my end, but as this is just a PHP warning (as opposed to an error) it can safely be ignored: can you set the display_errors entry of your php.ini to off, restart (or reload) your web server service and try to see if this has fixed the issue?

Thanks,

Ross