PDF Arabic Language Support

I have developed an extend that generates pdf. The supported pdf format is old Version: 6.0.038
Release date: 2013-10-06. I have upgraded that from the file vendor and faced some problems that the files are not generated without errors.

I have developed an extend that generates pdf. The supported pdf format is old Version: 6.0.038 Release date: 2013-10-06. I have upgraded that from the file vendor and faced some problems that the files are not generated without errors.

The function that creates the pdf report is function textSection($pdf) in pdf_create_function

I have developed an extend that generates pdf. The supported pdf format is old Version: 6.0.038 Release date: 2013-10-06. I have upgraded that from the file vendor and faced some problems that the files are not generated without errors.

The function that creates the pdf report is function textSection($pdf) in pdf_create_function

I have returned the same TCPDF that comes with Gibbon v18.

You have worked on the Reporting module, right?

You have reversed your changes regarding TCPDF, right?

What is the problem now? What error message do you get?

:slight_smile:

You have worked on the Reporting module, right?

You have reversed your changes regarding TCPDF, right?

What is the problem now? What error message do you get?

:slight_smile:

Yes, I have worked on the reporting module the problem that I get Questions marks instead of Arabic characters. The attached file shows the result.

You’re right! Same here. It’s a UTF-8 issue, apparently.

Let me check it out. I’ll get back to you as soon as I know more. :slight_smile:

You're right! Same here. It's a UTF-8 issue, apparently.

Let me check it out. I’ll get back to you as soon as I know more. :slight_smile:

Thank you very much :smiley:

Ok, I was wrong. It wasn’t a utf-8 issue.

In my case it was simply a special character showing nicely in Gibbon but not being part of the font used by TCPDF, which is helvetica by default.

@andystat informed me that choosing the right font is important. In your case helvetica seems not to work, which is not surprising.

There are a number of fonts available in TCPDF. You will find them in the fonts folder which is vendor/tecnickcom/tcpdf/fonts.

You should be able to find one that can work for you. Good luck :slight_smile:

Dear khalidaou,

Use freeserif font for your desired language.
Ok, I was wrong. It wasn't a utf-8 issue.

In my case it was simply a special character showing nicely in Gibbon but not being part of the font used by TCPDF, which is helvetica by default.

@andystat informed me that choosing the right font is important. In your case helvetica seems not to work, which is not surprising.

There are a number of fonts available in TCPDF. You will find them in the fonts folder which is vendor/tecnickcom/tcpdf/fonts.

You should be able to find one that can work for you. Good luck :slight_smile:

Thank you for replaying I have found that there are three fonts for arabic and they are

$pdf->SetFont(‘freeserif’, ‘’, 14);
$pdf->SetFont(‘aefurat’,‘’,16);
$pdf->SetFont(‘aealarabiya’,‘’,16);

according to https://youtu.be/Swy8TuA5fZw

but it doesn’t seems to work with the data from the database.

Am recalling the data from the database and it shows question marks.

Dear khalidaou,
            Use freeserif font for your desired language.</blockquote>

Thanks it should work with tcpdf but the data I recall from the database shows question marks.

I can edit the HTML codes and show Arabic characters as shown in the attached file.

The student name is also taken from db and it shows correctly, right?

I do suspect an issue with the reporting table.

I’ll check that out later. :slight_smile:

The student name is also taken from db and it shows correctly, right?

I do suspect an issue with the reporting table.

I’ll check that out later. :slight_smile:

No, it is not from the database I wanted to know if the font from tcpdf shows Arabic characters so i have used the following to show it $html .=‘’.$this->officialName.‘اللغة العربية’;

Thanks

I finally solved the problem I have changed the following:
$html .= ‘table, th, td{border: 1px solid black; border-collapse: collapse; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;}’;

to this:
$html .= ‘table, th, td{border: 1px solid black; border-collapse: collapse; font-family: aealarabiya;}’;

I didn’t think that this will be related

Thanks Dear @meierrom and @ghulamabbas92 for all the help.

Congrats! Well done! :slight_smile:

Hello everyone, I know this issue has been resolved. I am just not sure where to change the font family. I have setup Gibbon at our school in China, so we have mixed English and Chinese comments, but I am having the same issue, that the Chinese characters are not generating in the reports. I have added the fonts onto the server, but not sure what I am doing wrong.
Any help would be appreciated.
Regards
Celliers