Page Border in Reports

Hello members

Is there a way to include visible page border(in the whole template) when designing the reports template?
if yes, how…?

Kindly any help would be much appreciated.
Regards

Hi Kelvin,

This can be a bit tricky, because there’s no body tag on the PDF. If you’re using the mPDF Renderer it is possible. If you add the following snippet to your header, it will add a floating border to the whole page (absolutely positioned). It needs to be on the header so that it doesn’t wrap from one page to the next. Adjust the border and size as needed:

`<div style="position: absolute; top: 5mm; left: 5mm; width: 200mm; height: 287mm; border: 2pt solid #666666;"></div>
`
```

Hi Sandra
Thank you for the above…

After adding the snippet to edited logo component somehow I cant see the logo but the boarder line is perfectly visible.
I have tried to change several settings but still logo and some details can’t be visible

Hi Kelvin,

Are you using the mPDF Renderer for your template? The TCPDF Renderer unfortunately doesn’t handle absolutely positioned elements. Otherwise, feel free to share your updated template code.

Hi Sandra

My template settings are:

Header
Page Border (attached below and show all pages) #a file with the snippet code
Right Logo (with school details and show only first page)
Body
all relevant details to display
Footer
Footer Details

Page border & Right Logo on the header → 1st page no “Right Logo” details and border shows in all pages (seems blocked because is white rectangular space at the top)

Page border code snippet in Right Logo → Displays well in all pages but desired setting was to have logo details only in first page.

PS: I am using mPDF Renderer I saw it works well when using custom components.

Thank You.

Hello Sandra,

I fixed also the above issue by using the custom border in the body section: therefore having multiple according to the number of pages.

That worked for me :wink:

Cheers

Sounds great, thanks for sharing your solution!