Notifications

Good Morning Everyone.
I hope everyone are doing well.
I have a few questions that is kinda killing me.
My staff and i are not getting notifications about a few things:

1. When teacher applies for an absent i don’t get notification for the request unless i physically go to the module and see it. So i don’t go there i won’t know the teacher is sick… How can i turn this feature on?
  2. How can parent’s on messenger send message to the teacher of the child year group notifying for example Daughter is sick. So teacher and School can be aware. I just want Parent’s to be able to send message to the teachers according the the child year group and not everyone.

If someone can help me out would be great…

Wouldn’t you mind splitting your question up into two discussions, please? :slight_smile:

Good Morning Everyone. I hope everyone are doing well. I have a few questions that is kinda killing me. My staff and i are not getting notifications about a few things: 1. When teacher applies for an absent i don't get notification for the request unless i physically go to the module and see it. So i don't go there i won't know the teacher is sick... How can i turn this feature on?

If someone can help me out would be great…

I doubt this is currently supported and currently there is no support to add new notifications AFAIK.

You can check the list of supported notifications in Admin> System Admin> Settings> Notification Settings

This feature would be part of the staff module.

Hi Roman, thanks for offering some useful information!

Hi dgago, we are taking feature requests (there is a forum category for it), but we often don;t have time to implement. One option is for you, or someone you hire, to implement the feature you want, and then submit the feature to Gibbon to be merged into the core.

Cheers!

Ross

Hi all,

Notifications for staff absences are built in. Check User Admin > Staff Settings to see if they’re enabled and possibly setup some notification groups. From there, also ensure that emails are sending through your system (eg: is Messenger working?)

Hi Sandra,
I have been looking everywhere where i can setup notification groups… I just can’t seem to find it. Messenger is working.
CHEERS

Other> Messenger> Targets> Manage Groups :slight_smile: