Good question. In your shoes I would do the following:
- Copy all files to new host, using FTP over SSH
- Download database from old host, to .sql format
- Search database export file for any occurrences of your current domain, and replace them with the new domain
- Find the absolutePath setting in the database export file, and update it to the new value in your system.
- Import the database export file to your new server
- Update the config.php file on the new server to point to the new database
However, this method has not been tested with Softaculous, under which you might need to use a different method.
Hope this helps.
Thanks for the extremely quick reply. I will try this. Just to clarify, if I do this method I would not need to do the installation, am I right. I can just copy it all over and should work.
athar1, no problem : ) We try and keep it speedy! Correct, with this method, no need to reinstall.
Followed the steps, and got it working perfect.
Our pleasure to help! Happy Gibboning : )