Markbook issue using weighting and term grouping

Hi folks,

I’m using the latest version of Gibbon (v25). I have the following issue occurring on php 8+.

Markbook settings

• Enable Column Weighting: YES
  • Group Columns by Term: YES

I can now create my first assessment for a class and I assign it to “Term 1”, which works just fine. Then I switch the filter from “All Terms” to “Term 1” and I get the “OH NO!” error message.

Apache throws this:

[Sun Jul 23 10:34:07.988800 2023] [php:notice] [pid 22050] [client 127.0.0.1:42154] Uncaught Exception: TypeError - Unsupported operand types: null + string in /etc/debian-edu/www/srv/core-25.0.00/modules/Markbook/markbook_view_allClassesAllData.php on line 962, referer: http://localhost/srv/core-25.0.00/index.php?q=/modules/Markbook/markbook_view.php&gibbonCourseClassID=00002426

Can somebody reproduce this?

Kind regards,
Roman

@sandra Seen this post yet? :wink:

Hi folks!

Is there any development on this issue?

Could anybody at least reproduce this?

Kind regards,
Roman

Hi folks!

This topic is kind of getting old with no reply so far.

Is the issue unclear? Is more information needed?

Kind regards,
Roman

Hi Roman, are you able to share which specific version of PHP you’re using? PHP 8 has been adding progressively more and more strict type checking, which is what causes these types of errors. Currently Gibbon v25 only supports up to 8.1, but if this is an 8.2 error, it’d be good for us to sort it out before the next release.

Hi Sandra,

I tried various v8 versions. They are all throwing the same issue. As mentioned in the first post, the current workaround is to not select a specific term, which works just fine.

However, getting to the end of the academic year, the markbook gets rather full with many assessments. To have a working term filter would make things easier for the teachers.

Kind regards,
Roman

Thanks Roman, looks like a type checking error. I’ve had a look and it appears the issue has already been fixed in v26, can you try updating the following file and see if the error persists? Thanks.

Yep, works just fine. I’ll update as soon as possible. Thanks!

1 Like

Hello Sandra,

I had the same problem and installing the corrected file solved my problem.

THANKS !

Sylvain

1 Like