Manageing Staff availability

Hello, am just trying to set the availability of my staff as many are part time and I want to be able to use the ‘View Available Teachers’ function for setting cover. Currently they are all present at all times, so just need to set their working hours and days.
Many thanks.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this?

Anyone from admin able to answer this? Perhaps it’s coming in the v17 update? Thanks!

Hi JWDixon1,

The View Available Teachers option looks at the timetable for availability, so if they’re not timetabled for a period it marks them as available. Currently, I don’t know of any options to set part-time availability. Do you have a large number of these cases? It may be possible to create a fake “class” called Unavailable, and timetable it for the periods that they’re not available. This would cause the Available Teachers query to see the class and not list them as available. Not something I’ve tried through, just an idea.

v17 doesn’t include updates related to staff availability. Gibbon is open source, so it may be possible to develop this as a feature if it’s something your school requires.

We could possibly have a class called “Staff Member not available”. I will look into this as a solution.

We have classes that are shared due to staff being part time, how can I set working hours/availability.

Because they’re shared classes, they have both staff members, and so overlap on timetable when either staff is teaching elsewhere.

Any advice @sandra? What did you end up doing @sdbaldwin ?

As far as I remember, I configured it so they were different classes with each teacher but with similar names so they could be identified. Hope this helps…

1 Like

Hi @mahmoodali01 My apologies for the late reply, it’s been a busy time of the school year.

This is possible with Timetable Exceptions. You can have multiple teachers timetabled for the class, and then specific periods that the teachers have an exception for, meaning they are not a teacher of that specific period on the timetable, but still a teacher in general for the class. This also works for students who have exceptions for specific classes/periods.

Exceptions can be accessed through the Timetable Admin > Manage Timetables > Edit Timetable > Edit Timetable Day > Classes in Period > Class List Exception, or via the Exceptions icons that show up on a teacher timetable when in Timetable Admin > Course Enrolment by Person. Hope this helps!

1 Like