loop error

Am having this error whenever I run the application after installation. “Fatal error: ‘break’ not in the ‘loop’ or ‘switch’ context in C:\dbFolder\htdocs\core\index.php on line 139”. but removing the break, the login page displayed.On the admin home page I still had similar error when I want to Add an admin from the admin page.I got this error “Fatal error: ‘break’ not in the ‘loop’ or ‘switch’ context in C:\dbFolder\htdocs\core\modules\School Admin\schoolYear_manage_addProcess.php on line 71”. Kindly help me out.

olutayo,

Hmmm, this is an interesting one, and possibly has broad implications for the Gibbon code base. I believe this is being caused by PHP7, as it is not a problem in the older versions, such as PHP 5.6 which I am developing on. Can you confirm that you are using PHP7? We have not tested against PHP7 yet, as it is very new, and not had anyone’s servers upgrade.

If you can confirm that you are on PHP7 we will work on fixing compatibility before v12 comes out.

Thanks,

Ross

Yes it’s on PHP 7. I used newest version of XAMPP which has PHP 7.

olutayo,

Thanks for confirming. I have added PHP7 compatibility to the v12 todo list. In the meantime, can you set XAMPP to run PHP5?

Ross

Ross,

Thanks. I will do that.

Olutayo

olutayo,

We have done a bunch of tests, and look to have fixed most PHP7 issues in the v12 dev branch:

https://github.com/GibbonEdu/core/commit/8960a7ca7e1677ba73af589df934405eaecea780

I have upgraded my own dev environment to PHP 7, so hopefully any issues that arise can be fixed before v12 goes out the door in June.

Thanks for the heads up on what could have been a real disaster!

Ross