JSON_UNQUOTE error when clicking Manage Applications

We are not able to see submitted student applications under Admissions->Manage Applications and when I checked the logs I see the below error. We installed Gibbon v25 using Cpanel and MYSQL version is 5.6.41

Can you please provide guidance on how to fix this.

[03-Jun-2023 00:49:13 America/New_York] Warning: SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1305 FUNCTION proddb_gibbo50.JSON_UNQUOTE does not exist in /home1/tapovan/public_html/delta/bv25/src/Database/Connection.php on line 195

Hi @korimilli, thank you for your message. My apologies for the wait, generally we aim to reply to the forums sooner, but it’s been a busy time of year and I am a teacher as well as a developer.

It looks like, unfortunately, the Admissions module uses the JSON_UNQUOTE function which is only available in MySQL version 5.7 and above. I was the one who developed these new features, so I apologize for not noticing that this function required a newer version of MySQL. However, it’s worth noting that 5.7 has been around since 2015, so it’s not necessarily a new version of MySQL, as the current version is MySQL 8. We will update the MySQL minimum version requirements to 5.7+. The only solution here is to look into updating your MySQL server version. Thanks.