Installion just straight not working

I cannot figure this out. I have tried blasting away my entire gibbon install and installing version 25. When I do, my site shows the proper databse version, but still shows codebase version 23. Version 23 is the version I’ve had for years now, and it seems like it doesn’t want to be replaced.

Ideally, I’d like to just install version 25, and use my sql data dump to restore my data. What am I doing wrong here? The update page never triggers a database update after I restore my data, and version 23 never goes away.

That is very strange, as the updater should detect the database changes and offer to run the updates for you. Can you try the suggestion here and see what the result is:

You can also check in your database gibbonSetting table to see what the version is listed as, this is mine as an example (already busy on the next dev version). Also, are you using cutting edge? Check the cuttingEdgeCode and cuttingEdgeCodeLine to see if they have gotten out of sync somehow.

This is the screen I see after deleting my old database, deleting the old gibbon install, and spinning up a new v25.

Hmm. Can you please try checking the two files I mentioned, CHANGEDB.php and version.php. It looks like the files you have aren’t the correct version. Perhaps try downloading the release bundle again to be sure.

Version.php says version 25, and CHANGEDB has a reference to v25.0.0 in there.

That is very strange. When you visit the Update page, what kind of information does it give you? Are you using cutting edge? Be sure to check the cuttingEdgeCode and cuttingEdgeCodeLine to see if they have gotten out of sync somehow.

Is there any chance your installation is going elsewhere, and you’re looking at an old install accidentally? It’s very strange and shouldn’t be possible to see v23 if you installed with a fresh copy of v25 and haven’t changed the database.