How to add embedded videos in lesson content?

Hi folks,

I’ve been playing around with lesson content recently.

I was wondering how I can add embedded videos just like in “Epic Wallpaper 3 - Hong Kong Style”. I checked all tools the editor offers but could’t find any supporting this.

The code in the HTML tab shows the following:

Do I have to edit the code using HTML tab to achieve this or is there an easier way, e.g. a tool I missed?

Kind regards,
Roman

Hi Roman,

I love that video : ) To embed, take the embed code copied from the source (Vimeo, YouTube, Google Docs, etc) and then switch from Visual to HTML. In HTML paste the code in the relevant spot. Then switch back to Visual.

I believe TinyMCE (the editor Gibbon users) has a plugin to make this easier, but I’ve never investigated it.

Thanks,

Ross

Yep, it’s real nice!

I tried to integrate the embedded code from Vimeo and it works fine.
All embedded YouTube links are broken tho.

I’m getting e.g. the following error message:

An error occurred. Please try again later. (Playback ID: UwpmLuB1H09gZbyD)
Learn More

Let’s try here:

Ok, it seems to be an issue with my browser, which is Firefox Quantum v68.5.0esr (64-bit). :frowning:
Works just fine with my Chromium browser.

Hi Roman,

That is very odd, as I’ve been using Firefox to embed videos for years, with no issues. I wonder if you update FF to v74 (latest as of writing) if that might help?

Thanks,

Ross

Ross/Roman,

I am trying to insert a photo from google drive (I’m thinking of storing pics there to avoid filling up my website disk). But the picture appears as a link and not a photo.
:disappointed:

Hi Roman,

I love that video : ) To embed, take the embed code copied from the source (Vimeo, YouTube, Google Docs, etc) and then switch from Visual to HTML. In HTML paste the code in the relevant spot. Then switch back to Visual.

I believe TinyMCE (the editor Gibbon users) has a plugin to make this easier, but I’ve never investigated it.

Thanks,

Ross

Done, done done, sorry I was not clicking embed item link ! thanks again.