House points

Hi,

I wanted to know whether house points can be linked to behaviour at all and also currently the points awarded can only be between 1 and 10, would it be possible to award negative points?

Regards,

Tahseen

Tahseen,

At the moment such a linkage is not possible (although, a simple batch CLI script could do something like this). Can you tell us more about how you might like such a link to work?

In terms of the point scale, the module is actually built by @andystat of Rapid36, so he would be the one to answer that question. Being open source, you can make changes yourself, but they would be overwritten by his next version should you upgrade, so it is best to work with him. Hopefully he will get in touch with you based on this post.

Thanks,

Ross

Hi Ross,

Thanks for getting back to me. In our school we use the behaviour system on gibbon as our rewards and sanctions system. So if we award a student an R1 for working well for example then we select ‘positive’ and ‘stage 1’ and then another member of staff adds up these rewards and sanctions weekly to give an overall running total for the student and for their house. (An R1 = 5 points and C1 = -5 points, obviously this wouldn’t be a problem

This would be greatly appreciated if something along these lines could be developed for a future version of Gibbon.

Also a huge thank you to all the developers, the system is working brilliantly for us so far.

Thanks,

Tahseen

Tahseen,

Thanks for this feedback, and for your kind words. We can keep this idea on file, but I am not sure we have the resources to implement it in the near future. One option, if you have some funds at your disposal, is to contact @andystat, the author of the House Points module, to see if he will take a bounty to adjust the module to allow it to suck in behaviour data.

Cheers,

Ross