Generating markbook column for homework

I have created some lessons, each with a homework and each with the “create markbook column” button set to yes. I then go to the mark book for the class in question and it says there are no records to display. Is there something else I need to do?

Andy,

When you create the lesson and press Submit, it takes to you a second screen for the Markbook column, which also has to be completed. I am guessing you are missing out on pressing Submit on the second screen. Is this the case?

You can always create a new Markbook column, or edit an existing one, and link it to a lesson by selecting from the Unit/Lesson dropdowns in the Markbook column add/edit interface.

Hope this makes sense!

Ross

Andy,

When you create the lesson and press Submit, it takes to you a second screen for the Markbook column, which also has to be completed. I am guessing you are missing out on pressing Submit on the second screen. Is this the case?

You can always create a new Markbook column, or edit an existing one, and link it to a lesson by selecting from the Unit/Lesson dropdowns in the Markbook column add/edit interface.

Hope this makes sense!

Ross

Hi, Ross! I’m tacking onto this question because it kind of fits in this part.

If a teacher creates a column across multiple grade books, how can you go back as an administrator and edit it? It spits back the message “This column is part of a set of columns, which you did not create, and so cannot be individually edited.”

How would an administrator (or teacher!) go back and edit an individual class if it’s been set up as a set of columns?

Hmm, is the teacher who created the set of columns also seeing the message that they cannot edit it? If so, let me know and it may be a bug.