Free Learning Classes

Hi @GlennS @rprice1978 @Victoryland1997 @flygye12,

Given your previous interest in Free Learning, I was wondering if you are still using it? If so, we are building a map of schools using Gibbon and/or FreeLearning. We’d love to know who’s out there!

If you have a moment, it would be a great help if you could complete our 3-minute form: https://bit.ly/3idoTWw.

Thanks!

Ross

Done

Hello,

I’m interested in using Free Learning for my school and I tried access the ZIP file at https://drive.google.com/file/d/1R5MWmTFTc5LR_vXEoJYQ2WpKd9JCMYWF/view?usp=sharing mention in the comment above so that I could use the units as a template for creating our own units.

However, I’m getting a page not found error.

Have you moved this to another location or is it just no longer available?

Thanks for the heads up, it looks like that link may have been shared a while ago and is no longer active. I’ve exported a recent copy of the map, you’re welcome to download the Free Learning IT Map as well as a Computer Science map. Be sure to use the Import option in Manage Units to upload them into your installation. All units are CC-BY-NC-SA 2.0.

Hi All,

UPDATE: after selecting a default course in the settings it’s showing up everywhere for no known reason. Works fine now, thank you all for the links.

thank you for the course packs, appreciate how detailed everything is. I’m currently trying to run a demo here for one of our teachers who is very interested in the free learning module.

Uploading and creating items is all fine and good but for some reason I’m stupid enough to not find any way of creating the map views. All courses show just fine in grid or list view, the map will always retain empty and I’d like to know how to set it up manually if need be or where to set it up at all.

Probably just unable to find the correct settings unless it’s an additional module like the batches one.

Cheers
Florian

Hi Florian, welcome, great to hear you’re getting up and running using Free Learning. The map views should show up by default, as long as the number of courses is below the Maximum Map Size, which you can find in Free Learning > Manage Settings. This setting exists because otherwise, maps with too many units take up too much memory and are very slow to load.