Form Group / Class - Names Arranged alphabetically - Can they be Grouped to Boys, then Girls ?

Good Day Admin!

Another Class Groupings that we practice is to list Boys names first, alphabetically, then Girls names alphabetically.

As shown in the Markbook, Names are arranged alphabetically, which mixes boys and girls.
Is there any way that the list is grouped to Boys names first, then Girls names follows ?

Again, thank you in advance.

Rady

Hi radzjacer,

In the Student Enrolment section, there is an option to provide a Roll Order for each student, which can be a number that determines the student order in lists such as markbook and roll groups. In this case, you could provide a roll order number for students that orders them by gender and then name.

Hope this helps!

Thanks Sandra!

I tested Boy 1 and Boy 2.

But still, Boy 1 ABAD, and Boy 2 AMOSCO did not follow the order.

Is there a required way of assigning number? Or combination of Alpha-numeric codes?

Again, thank you in advance :smiley:

Rady

Hi Rady,

In the case of screens like the markbook and roll group pages, there is a dropdown to select the preferred sort order. If you select Roll Order from the dropdown, you should see the sorting in effect, as well as see the roll order next to students.

Hope this helps!

Oh! My Goodness!!! :open_mouth:

Why on Earth have i not explored that drop down button :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

A MILLION THANKS @ross

Hi there, I’m wanting to sort my list of Form Groups alphabetically and can’t see where to do this. Is it possible?
Many thanks for anyone’s help!
Ginny

Hello @Ginny,

You can use the Home > Students > Students by Form Group option to view the list of students in a Form Group in alphabetical order.

You can filter on a Form Group.

Sylvain
Gibbon : v26.0.00, PHP v8.2.10, MySQL v8.0.36, Ubuntu 23.10.1

Hi @Ginny Form groups tend to sort by the Short Name value, rather than the name. If your short name is alphabetical, then the form groups themselves will be alphabetical. If you are looking to ensure that they sort numerically, be sure to include leading zeroes in the number, as 01 vs 11 is different than 1 vs 11. Hope this helps!

Hi That wasn’t my question in fact. I know the students are sorted within the Form Group alphabetically. But I want the list of Form Groups themselves sorted in alphabetical order. My form groups all carry names and codes of the different schools I have my teachers in. I have about 50 Form Groups.

Hi Sandra, thanks but they don’t sort alphabetically even by short name. Not in my Gibbon anyway!