FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK

Hello good people,

Is there a way to change first day of the week to be Saturday rather than the two currently available options (Sunday and Monday). I’ve checked in most settings and couldn’t figure out.

Thank you in advanced

Hi Kelvin,

This is an interesting request! Where in the world does the week start on Saturday. I’d love to know : )

In the meantime I’ve added this feature to the current development branch, v21 (due for release on January 20th 2021). You can see the changes in the following commit:

https://github.com/GibbonEdu/core/commit/3b535a51b58103e77f31dad824929cc189fe0084

For the three files that have been changed (not including CHANGELOG.txt), you should be able to copy the changes and write them into the equivalent files in your v20 Gibbon to get this working. Otherwise, wait for v21 to be released and they’ll be included.

Hi @ross,

I pushed this directly as it was fairly straight forward. Please feel free to check if you want to take a look. It is old code, and non-too-elegant, but I did not want to refactor it at this late stage in the development of v21.

Cheers,

Ross

haha :slight_smile: lol… You need to travel a lot lol…

This side of the earth the week starts on Saturday …weekends are Thursday and Friday… :wink:

Thank you for this commit… I will try edit the necessary files and update,

Thank you once again.

This is a good reminder of the limits to my knowledge (and my travels)! I’ve done a little research, so now feeling a tiny bit less inexperienced. I could definitely do with a holiday to your side of the earth! Let us know how you get on with the changes. Cheers, Ross.

Hi Ross,
I did the changes as per the commit and works perfectly :slight_smile:

Thank you so much.