FINANCE MODULE

Hello Gibbon Community,

Following the latest developments under custom field for majority of gibbon modules, this will make gibbon even more flexible and its an extremely good feature moving forward.
Personally I’ve been learning gibbon system and same time it is a helpful school tool to our school. Once I am strong enough to create a module I’ll gladly contribute to the development process.

Looking at the finance module its pretty simple and easy to use for some specific use case. As a feature request it will really be awesome to include search by student ID & custom field & phone number because payment worldwide is going cashless thereby increasing the flexibility of finance module.

This is a link to a post I did late last year:
https://ask.gibbonedu.org/discussion/3097/fee-search-by-id-or-custom-field#

Kind regards
Kelvin

Hello members,
I have decided to take this challenge and try implementing the above requests. I will push my changes to https://github.com/GibbonEdu/core

at the moment I am getting this error on local host, I have tried few google search and I don’t get a good fix:

Uncaught Exception: Error - PDO object is uninitialized
Line 152 in C:\xampp\htdocs\gibbon\modules\Finance\invoices_manage_add.php
Line 152 in C:\xampp\htdocs\gibbon\modules\Finance\invoices_manage_add.php
Line 85 in C:\xampp\htdocs\gibbon\src\View\View.php
Line 399 in C:\xampp\htdocs\gibbon\src\View\Page.php
Line 664 in C:\xampp\htdocs\gibbon\index.php`

the module works okay in linux server but giving these errors in Windows.

thank you in advance for the assistance

Hi Kelvin,

We haven’t had the best luck supporting Windows, as the core team primarily uses Linux in production and MAMP locally on Mac. It looks like, from the error, that the PDO class namespace is missing. This is the line it is causing an error on:

`$feeData = $result->rowCount() > 0? $result->fetchAll(\\PDO::FETCH_GROUP|\\PDO::FETCH_UNIQUE) : array();
`
```

The PDO library should be pre-compiled with PHP, so this is an unusual error to see. Are you seeing PDO related errors on any other pages?

All other pages seems to work work. This issue only appears in:

Home > Finance > Manage Invoices > Add Fees & Invoices

at the moment I had to switch and work on linux just to avoid lots of case related errors.

Hmm, case related errors? Any chance your install was running PHP 8.0 or 8.1, these versions are very new and not supported with v21. PHP 7.3-7.4 is recommended.

Yes the default PHP version is 8.0.3, I will lower that to 7.3 or 7.4 and see how it goes.