Embed a website to Website feed tab

Hi I would like to embed a specific page to the school website to the website feed tab. Any easy suggestions?

Hello, the Feed module reads user’s Website field, and displays posts. For example, for a roll/form group tutor, it will display posts from all of their tutees. As such, it does not display specific pages. What is it that you are looking to accomplish? You might find the Info Grid module useful if you are trying to share useful information. Cheers, Ross.

I wanted to be able to embed a video on one of those tabs

Hi, do you want to have the same video embedded for all users? It would be pretty straightforward to create a custom module and use the dashboard hook in order to do this. It would be interesting if you could tell us more about what you are looking to achieve.

Let us know if you’d like some guidance, or if you are interested in some commercial coding via gibbonedu.com.

Ross

Hi, so I was actually able to embed a youtube video above the planner. The idea was to embed a live youtube channel for principal messages or emergency messages. Ideally, though a custom module where I could paste the code in like the smart block on the planner would be good.

Hi @rprice1978 ,

Weldone!

Can you share that module here .

Best regards,

I didn’t create a module. I would like to do that.
I added the below code in italics to each of the files in this location src/UI/Dashboard

} catch (PDOException $e) {
        $planner .= "<div class='error'>".$e->getMessage().'</div>';
    }

$planner .= ‘’;

$planner .= ‘

’;
$planner .= __(“Today’s Lessons”);

Sorry guess i have to take a picture

Hi rprice, well done for coming up with this solution : ) The only disadvantage is that it will get overwritten when you update Gibbon. This is fine, if you are willing to recreate everytime.

In terms of creating a module, take a look at the Starter Module and the included instructions. Scrolling down that same page you will see a section on Hooks: check out the dashboard hooks.

If you want an example of dashboard hooks in operation, look at the Info Grid module.

Let us know how you go, and if you have any specific questions.

Thanks,

Ross

BTW, your Gibbon installations looks great, judging by your screenshot : ) You are clearly using a wide range of features and modules!

Thanks Ross. I will look into it. I was wondering if you have those training videos you did a few years ago? And when if anytime you would be doing another group training?

No problem, and let us know how you get on. The videos from our 2017 Gibbon Training Day can be found on our YouTube channel using this link.

@ross what do you think to hosting another one of these? We could do a mix of dev, admin and user sessions. With Zoom, and a bigger user base, it might prove useful.

Cheers!

Ross

This should be a great idea and will prove a fresh air for new developers like me also .

Please arrange these sessions again @admin , @ross

Thanks Ross. I have been looking for these.

Just tested message wall Pin to Top and embedded a youtube feed. v20. exactly what we were looking for. Great Job Guys.

When I hit submit it displayed in the browser

Please ignore last message