Emails to Parents not going out for Admissions/Applications/etc

When a parent fills out an application (from the main, before they login page…our parents don’t access gibbon ever except to fill out the app each year…and then not logging on) -

The app should send an email (always has in the past) “we received your app”. It is NOT sending this email - it DOES send the email to admins says “we received someone’s app”.
Once our registrar accepts the app the parent should receive an email “congrats you’ve been accepted” - it is NOT, but again, admins receive the email “we accepted someone”.

Is there a location where these emails need to be turned on? I don’t see anything, don’t remember anything from the past, but it’s definintely not sending parent emails.

@JasonLord Thank you Jason for bringing this to our attention. I’ve just posted an update with a fix:

I understand - I am a DB developer myself. Bugs happen…and unfortunately, sometimes they even slip through testing!

Will this update show up on Softaculous - or will I need to do a manual update?

Thanks for everything

@Sandra -
I don’t think that fixed resolved the issue - but I’ll assume I installed it incorrectly since I normally use Softaculous via CPanel.
I downloaded the update from the site and then uploaded it to my website. I then unzipped it and copied the contents over the existing Gibbon install. Rights were 644 and 755 so appeared correct there and most timestamps were June 7. I opened Gibbon and the first screen was a DB update which I ran. When I logged in, everything appeared normal and it reported 27.0.1.
I applied a dummy student and as their PARENT, I still did NOT receive the “we got your application we’ll get back to you” email. as an ADMIN I did get the “someone applied” email. I did NOT accept the student yet to see if that piece worked, but the application itself is still not sending emails…

I am happy to get on a screenshare if you’d like…but I don’t know timing since I’m in Dallas Texas.

Any update here? Our year starts in a few weeks and we need to start accepting students.

Hi @JasonLord My apologies for the delay, it’s been an incredibly busy end of the school year here, and I teach as well as support Gibbon.

It sounds like you’ve updated things correctly. I wonder if, in the meantime while the settings weren’t working, if they got turned off in the Edit page of your student application form. Can you go into System Admin > Form Builder and edit your form, and check that the settings for sending submission and acceptance emails are turned on and there’s a template set for each of these. Then do a test with the live application form to see if that fixes the issue. Fingers crossed that it does, as the code tests out on this end.

OK -
I went in as you suggested and they were all off. So, not sure if I turned them off and never back on when I was having issues…or if Gibbon “saw something” and turned them off before the fix went in.

Thanks - I appreciate the help. Class interupting had occurred to me…but I figured it was “cleaning up and being done” vs you IN CLASS still (In Dallas we finish before the end of May generally).

Thanks for everything you do.

1 Like

Thanks Jason, glad to hear it’s working now. In Hong Kong we wrap up at the end of June, and back to school again in August. It’s always interesting how the school year is slightly different everywhere in the world.