editing student application form

Hi,

Just wondering is there a way, or is it planned in the future to be able to manage the application form to either hide and manage what is required and not.

The requirement for our school is not great re data we need to gather. Its not a problem for us to edit the framework, but like all frameworks if you do it can cause issues on upgrade. So would be worried on doing this now if it would cause issues down the road.

Regards

Hi Alex,

This is something we are asked a lot, and so it is on our radar, and something we’d like to implement. At the moment we don’t have a specific plan for it, as we are focusing on other areas.

If you wanted to try and put together the functionality to do this, we’d be more than happy to work with you, and try to get it into the Gibbon core. In this way, future upgrades would not be compromised in the way you mention.

Thanks,

Ross

Hi Ross

Thanks for that.

I will dig a little deaper into the code and let you know. Especially in making the form managed.

Regards

Alex

Hi Ross

As a quick short cut, I would appreciate if you had a good module, that we could look at that can act as a guide for us, if not then will create one from scratch that would make the form managable as think it would benifit others, so if you wanted this in a certain way that can be baked in to the core if so wished then great. Will gladly plan this out.

Regards

Alex

Hi Alex,

I can see merit to having a “Simple Application” module, but my preference would be to have the core’s Application Form be customisable. But, the former is definitely easier, so I’d understand if you went that way.

A good starter module would be Alumni, as it has a form that includes the basic fields for a single person:

https://gibbonedu.org/extend/#alumni

Thanks,

Ross

Hi Ross,

Thank you. I will find out how long both will take and if I can make it easily portable to pull in the better.

Everything we build I try to make sure that it is as editable as possible. >:¬} but with over 50 projects on at the moment time is tight. But if its not too long will get it done.

Regards

Alex

Hi Alex,

Sounds like you and your team have your hands full!

Ross

:¬} I wish it was just only full