Difference between Free learning - Free learning PD

Hi Ross,

Tell me more please about:
1. New module Free Learning PD : what does initials PD?
2. What is the fundamental difference between the two modules?(Free Learning/free learning PD?)
3. Free learning activity PD - Manage Module - Add …Constrains tab - add Prerequisites units - how does work, i do not understand how to add prerequisites, please post a small example. I like your ideea to grouping students, because we work individually , or in teams of two, threes, four,fives  great great ideea 
Thanks a lot
Iulian

Iulian,

The PD stands for Professional Development: this is a module that uses Free Learning to educate teachers, rather than students. It is a fork on the Free Learning module, modified for teachers…but it is somewhat out of date compared the the student-focused Free Learning module.

At some point I will need to either update the module, or integrate its functionality into the regular Free Learning module.

In term of prerequisites, these are units that need to be completed before a unit can be undertaken. This allows you to build up a hierarchical tree/web of units, allowing student progression, as you can see here.

Cheers,

Ross

Now it’s better, thank you very much.

http://temalabio.eu/gibbon/

Within ten days Gibbon production site will be launched in Romania for my students!
Thanks Ross!
V13 Gibbon - a full backup project  is ok?

Iulian, that is very exciting news, thanks for keeping my up to date!

Can you expand more on your comment “V13 Gibbon - a full backup project  is ok?”, as I do not understand : )

Please don’t apologise for your English (referring to another post here)…it is far better than my Romanian!

Ross