Deprecated: Optional parameter/Deprecated: Function strftime() is deprecated

So since the newest update i have had Deprecated: Optional parameter plastered on my main page regarding special says
"MY TIMETABLE

Deprecated: Optional parameter $specialDayStart declared before required parameter $roleCategory is implicitly treated as a required parameter in C:\Users\Ben\Desktop\TestServer\htdocs\gib\modules\Timetable\moduleFunctions.php on line 1124

Deprecated: Optional parameter $specialDayEnd declared before required parameter $roleCategory is implicitly treated as a required parameter in C:\Users\Ben\Desktop\TestServer\htdocs\gib\modules\Timetable\moduleFunctions.php on line 1124

Deprecated: Optional parameter $specialDay declared before required parameter $roleCategory is implicitly treated as a required parameter in C:\Users\Ben\Desktop\TestServer\htdocs\gib\modules\Timetable\moduleFunctions.php on line 1124"

Code

"function renderTTDay($guid, $connection2, $gibbonTTID, $schoolOpen, $startDayStamp, $count, $daysInWeek, $gibbonPersonID, $gridTimeStart, $eventsSchool, $eventsPersonal, $eventsSpaceBooking, $activities, $staffDuty, $staffCoverage, $diffTime, $maxAllDays, $narrow, $specialDayStart = ‘’, $specialDayEnd = ‘’, $specialDay = [], $roleCategory, $edit = false)

i was told this was an issue with PHP version and will be solved in time. The Main issue is a similar issue mostly with finance and attendance, when ever our testers have done attendance on gibbon they get this

Deprecated: Function strftime() is deprecated
Line 135 in C:\Users\Ben\Desktop\TestServer\htdocs\gib\src\Services\Format.php
Line 254 in C:\Users\Ben\Desktop\TestServer\htdocs\gib\modules\Attendance\attendance_take_byFormGroup.php

Code
LINE 135 return mb_convert_case(strftime($format, $date->format(‘U’)), MB_CASE_TITLE);

LINE 254                            $cell->addContent($attendance->renderMiniHistory($student['
                                                             gibbonPersonID'], 'Form Group'));

I apologies if theses are simple issues or if i am overlooking something silly but our former admin have just up and left leaving myself to try and fix things.

Thank you :slight_smile:

Hi Arcanna32, it sounds like you may be using the latest version of PHP, which is great and should work fine, but will also include some deprecation notices for certain areas of the code. It’s important to note that deprecation notices aren’t errors, they’re intended to let developers know that certain functions won’t be available in future versions of PHP. Currently, all those functions do still work.

Generally, unless you are a developer, it’s best to run your system with deprecation notices turned off. In production, you’d also want general notices and warnings turned off as well, and only log PHP errors. This is done through the PHP error_reporting` setting, which can be set in your php.ini file, your .htaccess file, or by adding the following line to the bottom of your Gibbon config.php file:

ini_set(‘error_reporting’, E_ALL & ~E_DEPRECATED);`