Custom Fields

I know how to add custom fields in Gibbon , but how to assign them to a particular module? For example I want to add scholarship category in finance section. Is it possible? or is there any other way to do it so?

Can you be a little bit more specific?

I am confused in how to manage custom fields?

Are custom fields only limited to application form or we can add them anywhere?

Hi Humna_Shakil,

Custom fields can only be added for users. They show up on student and staff profiles at the bottom of the Personal page, and based on the setting in the custom field, they can also show up on the application form and data updater.

The dev team has discussed extending custom fields for other areas of the system, but it’s a non-trivial change, so we’d likely look at doing this in v21 or v22 of the core.

Humna_Shakil,

Custom fields won’t work in your case but there may be other ways. If you give us some specifics on what you want to achieve we may be able to assist you in finding a workaround. :slight_smile:

Humna_Shakil,

Custom fields won’t work in your case but there may be other ways. If you give us some specifics on what you want to achieve we may be able to assist you in finding a workaround. :slight_smile:

I want to add a scholarship field in fee category section. The scholarship is further divided into sub categories based on different criteria. This can’t be possible without adding it as a custom field. But as Sandra mentioned that they are only for users , so I guess its not possible at the moment :slight_smile:

Hi Humna, one option would be to add Scholarship as a fee category, and then create different fees for each of the types of scholarship. If you need to track what kind of scholarship a person has, you could use custom field for this. We do have plans to generalise custom fields in the future, if the suggestion above does not help. Thanks : ) Ross

Hi Humna, one option would be to add Scholarship as a fee category, and then create different fees for each of the types of scholarship. If you need to track what kind of scholarship a person has, you could use custom field for this. We do have plans to generalise custom fields in the future, if the suggestion above does not help. Thanks : ) Ross

I believe this can help for now… Thank you!