Correct Way to set up Finance - Invoice

Hi, This is my first time using Gibbon I have looked all over for setting and can’t find answer for finance module
I have problem with invoice show $0 in Colum Total

What I have set up:
Class in Time Table → Course & class

Enroled students in this class ( I show 2 students here but there are 31 students include the one I try to create invoice above )

Finance → billing Cycle

Finance → Fee Category

Fee in Finance → Manage Fee

But when I try to generate the invoice I get 0 in total.
I have to manually edit the pending Invoice

add this

to get this

How do I link the fee to the class that the student enrolled so that I can get the invoice correctly generated every billing cycle ?

Best regard
Tony

You can’t link fees to classes, afaik.
You can assign a name helping identifying the fee though, e.g. tuiton fee 2020/21 for class 4.

You can't link fees to classes, afaik. You can assign a name helping identifying the fee though, e.g. tuiton fee 2020/21 for class 4.

So you mean every month when I need to generate the invoice, I must edit the “pending” invoice one by one ? :frowning:

Hm I just did below step and it generate the invoice I want, can someone confirm if I am doing it correctly ?

1. Add the invoice for the first time. Total is at 0

2. Run the adding invoice process once more. Now the total is showing the fee

You can't link fees to classes, afaik. You can assign a name helping identifying the fee though, e.g. tuiton fee 2020/21 for class 4.

So you mean every month when I need to generate the invoice, I must edit the “pending” invoice one by one ? :frowning:

Not necessarily one by one. You can apply fees in bulk as well. Works like a charm and allows you to create hundreds of invoices within a very short time. :slight_smile:

Btw, changes to invoices are no longer possible once they are issued.

Hm I just did below step and it generate the invoice I want, can someone confirm if I am doing it correctly ?
  1. Add the invoice for the first time. Total is at 0

2. Run the adding invoice process once more. Now the total is showing the fee

I’m not exactly sure what you are doing. The process is rather straight forward:

1. Create schedule and fees
  2. Click “add”
    2.1) Select all students you want to bill
    2.2) Select the fee(s) you want to apply
    2.3) Submit
  3. Repeat step 2 until all invoices are complete
  4. Issue invoices
  5. Receive payments

:slight_smile: