Can't approve course requests in Course Selection module

Hi Tieku,

Can you please try the following updated module:

Thanks

Hi Sandra. Let me give it a try. Thanks

Installed updated module.

I think I’m doing everything right. I created One Course Block with one course, and one course Offering with this one Block, but I don’t go beyond the Timetabling Engine screen. No results shown. Using a site with demo data. Placed a new student in Year 7, 07.1.

Hi @sandra
Have you been able to check on this for me?

We discovered the source of the errors was a missing setting, can you try and run the following SQL:

INSERT INTO `gibbonSetting` (`scope` ,`name` ,`nameDisplay` ,`description` ,`value`) VALUES ('Course Selection', 'studentOrder', 'Student Order', '', 'yearGroupDesc');

Hope this helps!

I’ll give this a try and let you know. Thanks for the response.

I ran the SQL but nothing changed. I stay on the Course Selection > Timetabling Engine page.

Hmm. I see your enrolment targets are all blank, be sure to set them in the Course Selection Settings page. Also, be sure to check to see if there are any errors in the logs.

I am still trying to get this to work. Running Course Selection v1.2.05.

I run Timetabling Engine and it keeps coming back to:
All student course requests have been approved. You’re ready to do some timetabling!

Also when I go to Upcoming Timetable > Submit I get
AH01071: Got error ‘PHP message: Uncaught Exception: League\Container\Exception\NotFoundException - Alias (TimetableGateway) is not being…legates in /home/…/public_html/home/vendor/league/container/src/Container.php on line 188’, referer: https://…/index.php?q=%2Fmodules%2FCourse+Selection%2FupcomingTimetable.php

Thanks for the heads up. I’ve found some time to look at the code and run some tests with sample data, and have made some tweaks based on the results, to address the error you ran into. I’ve updated Course Selection to v1.2.06, which should fix any current issues with the timetable engine: Extend - Gibbon

With v1.2.06 I have been able to run the Timetabling Engine, Go Live, which resulted in Course Enrolments for the student. Progress made! Thanks.

I am still getting an error when previewing the timetable:

Got error ‘PHP message: Uncaught Exception: League\Container\Exception\NotFoundException - Alias (TimetableGateway) is not bein…gates in /…/public_html/home/vendor/league/container/src/Container.php on line 188’, referer: https://…com/index.php?q=%2Fmodules%2FCourse+Selection%2Ftt_resultsByStudent.php

Gibbon Version
v25.0.00

PHP Version

MySQL Version