Can We Start Using Version 11 now

Hi Ross,

I wish you a happy new year and I’m very sure that you will move to a very great level of achievement and acceptability in this new year.

I visited the road map page so as to see the To-do list of Gibbon V11. I went to this page:
I found that the list is 100% complete as all 44 items have been fully done. Now, I understand that the official release date for the version 11 as you previously mentioned is January 20, 2016. But, I want to ask if I can download the version 11 from the github page at
I want to know if it will fully work. i.e. if it is stable. Afterall, all 44 items in the To-do list have been achieved by you.

I need you to please provide guidance on this.

Thanks. Warm regards.

Once again, HAPPY NEW YEAR!

daniel,

Happy new year. You can run v11 if you install it in Cutting Edge Code mode, which the installer will detect for you. However, if you have v10 installed in stable mode (e.g. not cutting edge code), then do not install until the final release of v11, as you may run into some issues.

For production we recommend stable releases, although if you want features as they are reading you can risk it and run cutting edge code in production: there will be some bugs, but we will fix them as soon as we can. The advantage of cutting edge code is that you can update to the latest dev code at any time, and keep patching new code as soon as it is released.

If you are running stable code, and wish to be updated by email when it is released, please sign up for our mailing list at http://gibbonedu.org/support/

Thanks,

Ross

Thanks for the speedy reply Ross,

I want to install the version 11 on a separate server. It will not be installed alongside the version 10 neither will it be used to update the version 10. that is what I’m talking about. 

Ross,

What do you say to that?

Daniel, it depends on the purpose of the install. If you install now, it will install in cutting edge mode, and so you are tied to that mode of updates for the life of the system. If you are happy with that (e.g. it is just a testing install, or it is production but not super important to be 100% stable), then that is OK. Hope this makes sense.