Adding students to an existing class

Hi,

When logging on as a teacher, for some reason I do not have the manage timetable option under admin (and this function has not been disabled by admin). Am I overlooking something? Just trying to add students to a class.

Thanks for your help!

Elke

Hi Elke,

In general teachers don’t manage their own class lists, it is done by admin. In some cases department heads are delegated this role. You can assign this right to your own role if you like, but you might not want others with the same role to have it, so it may require a new role.

Roles (which can be copied from existing roles for ease of setup) can be managed under Admin > User Admin > Manage Roles. Permissions can then be managed under Admin > User Admin > Manage Permissions.

I hope this helps, but let me know if you need more input.

Thanks,

Ross

Hi Ross,

Thanks, and yes, I only want admin to be able to manage class lists, which is how it is set up at the moment.

However, the issue is that I cannot remember I how to add a student to a class… I managed to add students to a form group, but now I need to assign them to a class and a teacher and that is where I am stuck. I am probably overlooking something really basic…

Thanks again!

Elke

Hi Elke,

It is easy to get lost in this part of the system. Check out Admin > Timetable Admin > Course Enrolment by Class to add and remove individuals from a class.

Thanks,

Ross

Hi again Ross,

I do not have that option in the Admin menu (although I am logged on as Admin), but I used to have it in the past.
Might this issue be related to the fact that certain functions have been disabled in the meantime? Nicky was also thinking this.

Thanks for checking again!

Elke

Hi Elke, yes, I guess it has been disabled. Head to Admin > User Admin > Manage Permissions, and look at the roles and permissions for the Timetable Admin module. Good luck! Ross.

Yes, solved! Thank you!

Elke