Add students without an application

Hello, I’m new here. We’ve been searching for how to add a new student without having to fill out an enrollment application for each new student. We are migrating to gibbon and we just want to add students individually. We tried making the user account for a student but that doesn’t show the student anywhere else to be able to assign them to a year or classes. Maybe I’ve missed it. I apologize if this is already written somewhere. Any help would be appreciated.

Chris

Hi Chris, welcome to the Gibbon community :smiley:

There’s a couple different ways to enter students in the system:

• You can enter them manually by creating a User account, then in People > Student Enrolment you’ll need to enrol them in the current school year for them to show up as students to be assigned to classes, etc.

• Entering them through the Student Application can be a bit more time-consuming because it’s a longer form, but the handy thing is it takes care of a lot of the other setup for a new student: it creates their account, parent accounts, family, connects the family together, generates usernames, and can enrol them automatically in the current year if a Form Group is selected in the application form.

• If you’re migrating data from another system, the spreadsheet import options may also be useful here. They can be found in System Admin > Import from File. Each of the user account, family info, enrolment, etc. has an associated import available. The importer accepts csv, excel and open document formats, and has a multi-step process to help verify and upload all your data.

Hope this helps!

hi, we are totally new to the system so sorry if this seems trivial…we need to print class lists of all the students for Monday are are panicking! thanks everyone for the help

As far as I know there’s no printout but you can export class lists into spreadsheet, which should be just fine.

Every class teacher gets a list of his classes in the sidebar once he is logged in.

He can then click the class of his choice and it will show its participants.

Clicking the export icon will export all participants. I guess, you may then want to delete the teacher, I guess.

If you are an admin and want to have access to all classes then you are better off with the department approach:

Learn> Departments> Choose the “Learning Area” of your choice:

You will then find a list of all courses in the sidebar, then after selecting the course you will get a list of all classes that you can export to spreadsheet as shown above.

:slight_smile:

Anyway, you may want to start a new discussion next time since this is not really related to this discussion, isn’t it?

:slight_smile:

Hi,

Is it possible to add students without creating user accounts? I only need to create user accounts to parents or child responsibles.

Hello thiagolamosa, yes, you can do this by heading ot Admin > User Admin > Manage Users. Adding the user here with any student role means that you can then Enrol them under People > Students > Student Enrolment. Good luck! Ross

Hello, I am new to Gibbo. I created a user as student, but when I go to “People > Student Enrolment” I can’t find the new created user in order to enrol. What am I mising?

Hi zoro, welcome to the community. It sounds like you’re on the right track. Be sure your new student account status is set to Full, and that they do not have a start date in the future, which would tell the system they are not active yet. Otherwise, be sure to check that the primary role of the student is set to Student. Hope this helps!