Add Malagasy to the list of languages

Would it be possible to add “Malagasy” (language spoken in Madagascar) to the list of languages that can be used for user’s background information?

Hello again : )

This change has been made in our v19.0.00 branch under the following commit:

https://github.com/GibbonEdu/core/commit/96e4d8404e954b9583574f98a109cb4799b9927a

You can run the new database query shown /CHANGEDB.php in v18.0.01 or before if you want the change now: however, you’ll want to remove the row before running the update to v19.0.00, as this will make it fail.

Thanks,

Ross

Thanks Ross. You rock!

Adelphe

Thanks Adelphe : ) We are really keen to keep building Gibbon’s positive, support community, and so your kind words are most appreciated!

Hello Ross,

Thank you for the good work.

I successfully added some of my country’s local languages into the database (gibbontest.gibbonLanguage table) of my gibbon installation (production, Linux) but these languages never show up as options in all the fields that allows a user choose a spoken language. In my test environment installation the added languages show up as expected. Can this have something to do with how Gibbon was installed, production vs test environments?

Hello Ross,

Thank you for the good work.

I successfully added some of my country’s local languages into the database (gibbontest.gibbonLanguage table) of my gibbon installation (production, Linux) but these languages never show up as options in all the fields that allows a user choose a spoken language. In my test environment installation the added languages show up as expected. Can this have something to do with how Gibbon was installed, production vs test environments?

Hello Ross,

Kindly disregard please. I had two identical databases on the linux environment and I was working on the wrong database.

Kind regards