V23 Data Admin Module

Hi, After upgrade to V23 my Snpshots in Data Admin Module doe not work
Error: Oh no!

Something has gone wrong: the Gibbons have escaped!

An error has occurred. This could mean a number of different things, but generally indicates that you have a misspelt address, or are trying to access a page that you are not permitted to access. If you cannot solve this problem by retyping the address, or through other means, please contact your system administrator.

I have been trying to get a handle on that same problem before reporting it. I wondered if the hosting service upgrades during the times I was using v22.01 may have affected it. After doing the upgrade to v23 everything appeared to be OK. Then I discovered a warning on needing to change permissions on the upload directory. I changed permissions. Shortly afterward we noticed some student’s pictures were not visible. Going back to the Data Admin, it had quit working giving the exact same error you quoted. Then I realized the hosting company had updated php to 7.4.27 and MariaDB Server version: 10.0.38-MariaDB-cll-lve which registers in the Gibbon System Overview page as MySQL version 10.0.38. Somewhere along the line the .htaccess file seems to have been replaced that had a setting to change PHP max_input_vars to 5000. Adding that line back in the .htaccess had no effect.
Therefore, I also have Jank’s problem and really hope some of my discoveries may help you, Sandra or Ross troubleshoot your illusive problem. I really wasn’t trying to dump a bunch of varied problems, many of which Gibbon didn’t create, into this discussion but provide alternate areas that might point to the cause. And by the way, the Data Admin Module is important as that provides a way to restore a previous snapshot which I can’t do.

Hello! I’ll let @ross get back in more detail on this one, but for now I’ll mention that we’ve moved the import part of Data Admin into the core, and at some point snapshots will follow. For now, it remains a separate module, and it seems like it might have been hit by some of the code deprecations we made in v23. Can you check your PHP error log and let us know the error message you are seeing for this page? Thanks!

Hi everyone, thanks for the heads up. I’ve updated and released the Data Admin module for v23 compatibility, Data Admin version 1.6.00, which you can find on the Extend page: https://gibbonedu.org/extend/

Hi @ross I have installed Data Admin V 1.6.00 and its giving below error Oh No error

I have just installed the upgraded modules Data Admin 1.6.00 and Free Learning 5.18.05. I think the Data Admin upgrade solved most of the problems with Gibbon v.23. THANKS FOR THE QUICK HELP during your Chinese New Year holidays! I’ll let you know if we experience additional difficulties.

Great to hear Glenn!

Ghulam, be sure to go to System Admin > Manage Modules and run the update on the Data Admin module, which will remove the actions from the sidebar which are no longer part of the module (they’re part of the core now).

Thanks @ross but there is no option of update

Hi Ghulam, can you confirm which versions of the modules you are seeing in the Manage Module screen. If you have uploaded the folders to the correct location and not run the update yet, you should see the Update option. If not, the module files may not have been updated yet.

Hi Sandra,
Question Manage Records is not working at all, before you could see the items but could not export the files.
If you get a chance could you look at it please

Regards, Juan

Hi Juan, are you using the updated v1.6.01 Data Admin, with Gibbon v23.0.00? Thanks.

Hi Sandra, Yes… And I was able to fix the problem. Thank you