Reporting Module

Is there someone who can help talk me through reports? We are newly set up and running at Gibbon at full speed.

Sometimes the language is confusing for me as an American. Not sure where to start and how to get certain fields to be included.
I am talking the need for basic and a bit beyond.

Hello, friend! Welcome to Gibbon! The Reports module can be a bit daunting at first, but not to worry - we have a section in our documentation all about it.

https://docs.gibbonedu.org/administrators/reports/

Take a look at this and see if it helps out!

In terms of language differences, check out Admin > System Admin > String Replacement, as this allows you to take a term in Gibbon and substitute it with something that suits your context better. Cheers! Ross.

hmerrett, The link you profited is dead. I found it in the docs though.

Is this reports feature only for assessments? Do I need to install the Reporting Module to get enrollment reports, directories, and printable things like that?

We do not do traditional grading and are looking for more administrative type reports (more often than not).

Thanks for the help.

Hello, friend! Welcome to Gibbon! The Reports module can be a bit daunting at first, but not to worry - we have a section in our documentation all about it.

https://docs.gibbonedu.org/administrators/reports/

Take a look at this and see if it helps out!

Hi Dbush,

For administrative reports, Gibbon has various such reports scattered around the system. For example, in People > Students, check the sidebar menu and you’ll see a section labelled Reports. Many other modules have similar sections with relevant reports.

In addition, you can check out the Query Builder module on our Extend page. This module allows you to build your own SQL queries, which can be executed and exported to Excel.

gibbonedu.com offers a Value Added License, which stocks Query Builder with a library for 100+ useful queries, which we test and maintain. You can purchase such a license from gibbonedu.com.

Cheers,

Ross