No Data Updated if only "File Upload" was submitted for modification

Good day. Data Updates whose only change was “File Upload” are automatically set as “Complete”, and the change was not applied. Can you point me in the right direction, my settings may be incorrectly set up. These are my steps:

1. Under Admin > “User Admin” > “Personal Document Settings”, add entry “Curriculum Vitae” with these details:
    -Type : Document
    -Fields : “File Upload”
    -Role Categories : Staff
  2. Log in as Staff
  3. Go to People > “Data Updater”
  4. Under “My Data Updates” click the edit icon of “Personal Data”
  5. Under “Curriculum Vitae”, click the Browse button and upload a pdf file
  6. Click the Submit button
  7. Log out and Log in as Administrator
  8. Go to People > “Data Updater”
  9. Under “Manage Updates” click “Personal Data Updates”
  10. The newly-submitted data update request will be listed but with Status of “Complete”. This is incorrect behavior because the Administrator has not yet approved the change request.
  11. The Staff’s record under Admin > “User Admin” > “Manage Users” will not include the file upload. This is the correct behavior because the Administrator has not yet approved the change request.

This issue happens when the data update change request was for a single file upload. There was no issue if the data update change request was for a file upload plus another user field

Hi Richard,

I don’t believe this an issue on your side, but a bug in v22, in which auto-accepting Data Updates were introduced.

Hi @ross,

Please can you look into this as soon as you can? It is going to impact us at ICHK too, as we’ll start getting a flood of requests soon.

Cheers,

Ross

Thanks Ross for prompt reply. I love the File Upload Fields :slight_smile:

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the detailed steps to reproduce, there was indeed a bug in the data updater. I’ve fixed it in v23, you can apply the same change (only 3 lines) to your system if you’d like to patch v22. https://github.com/GibbonEdu/core/commit/2d7dbe838f7f8d855539254eaf3daf0fe3bca852

Cheers,
Sandra

Thanks Sandra, it’s working now :slight_smile: