Hello everybody, especially Mr Ross.
Personally, I like Gibbon because it has a wide array of options and because it has a very active forum.
I have been exploring Gibbon for a while now and there are some features I thought were within it but which I haven’t seen. I am thinking of creating those features as extensions, but I want to be sure that those feature are not included before I start. This will help me not to repeat something that is already available. It seems that I am not totally familiar with the naming convention used here, but of course I have understood a lot of things about the application and how to use it.
The following are the features I am talking about. Please, if those features are already embedded in Gibbon, show me where to access them. And if they are not available, then I will write extensions for them.
- Report Center: for designing Reports, creating Custom Reports and printing Report Cards.
- Student Transcripts
- Hostel/Dormitory management: tool to efficiently manage all hostels and residential facilities in the school. It will allocate rooms to students, collect and track any hostel fees, and generate comprehensive reports about all (important) hostel administrative activities.
- Transport management: Tool to manage and optimize entire transportation operation to ensure safe and efficient transport of students to and from school. It will maintain vehicle and routing details, collect transportation fees, and track the number of students using school transport.
- Polls: tool to take surveys from staff, students and parents
- Online examination: Tool for creating customized computer-based testing. With a rich set of question types, and standardized tests that allow students to see test results right away.
- Form builder: Tool to build various types of forms such as, contact forms, feedback forms, and many more custom forms.
- Alumni: Tool to organize events to help connect students and employees with alumni and build strong relationships.
- I want to know if Gibbon supports The Common Core State Educational Standards: to establish a single set of clear educational standards used by the state for kindergarten through 12th grade. This is in addition to the school specific standards that are defined either by a teacher or by the school authority.
I wait earnestly for your reply. In the meantime, I will keep exploring Gibbon and studying its user manuals to have a better understanding of it.
Thank you in advance.