gibbon setup with existing moodle

hey guys
i have an existing working moodle site and now i have decide to install gibbon to manage my student and my school
i want to know what i have to do to sync the users currently in moodle with all their data like course enrolled in past courses etc to gibbon.
once everything is synchronized how can i make uses on gibbon and they are created on moodle and i can enroll then in to their corresponding courses on moodle

Yeah, wouldn’t that be cool. :slight_smile:

This is something listed on my wish list for quite a while.

There’s the extension at https://github.com/GibbonEdu/module-moodle, but it doesn’t do much yet. :slight_smile:

Hi syamkerai, this would indeed be nice. None of the core progammers use Moodle, and so we’ve never created a two-way sync like this. The module we did produce, kindly shared by Roman above, allows Gibbon to store information in a way that Moodle can read it. This allows you to sync into Moodle from Gibbon.

To initially move your historical data from Moodle to Gibbon, I would suggest you look at Admin > System Admin > Import From File, which offers easy import for a range of different Gibbon data.

Let us know how you get on! Ross.

Ross is one of the things you can pull from Gibbon into Moodle user passwords?

Hi Tieku, passwords are stored as a sha256 hash in Gibbon, so it’s not possible to pull the passwords across (in any way that would be meaningful to Moodle).

@ross Thanks. I thought the passwords in addition to the usernames (that can be pulled) would make a semi-sso setup.