Disable delete invoice feature or permission granted only

Hi Ross,

Can is it possible for us to disable the delete invoices feature in manage invoices under Finance.
Or can we grant specific roles to delete invoices?
Because we want to allow junior staff to manage bills, but we don’t want them to be able any delete bills.

Thanks
Ahmed

Hi Ahmed, at the moment there is no ability for this to happen, as Gibbon has a different strategy: once an invoice is issued, it can never be deleted. It can be cancelled, but it is still visible within the system. Does this help with your case? Thanks! Ross.

Hi Ross,

Please have a look. This is whats happening here.

Im testing finance area but can only start using if this feature can be disabled. A granted user can bulk select and delete all created invoices. I have tested deleting, it works.

Please correct me where im wrong.

Thanks
Ahmed

Hi @ahmed right, it is the bulk delete. I see. This is an issue, which I believe stemmed from the recent refactoring of this part of the system. Thanks for testing so thoroughly.

Hi @ross are you able to investigate this one too? Thanks!

Ross

Hi @admin and @ahmed, thanks for catching this. Turns out it was related to a dropdown refresh bug, I’ve fixed it and updated both threads.

Ahmed, the updated code for v19 can be found in this commit (~3 lines). You can apply the same changes to v18 and should see that the dropdowns are now updating correctly based on the table filters. Be sure to go to System Admin > System Check and click Clear Cache at the bottom after changing the template file.

Thanks!

Thanks for the timely fix @ross…most appreciated!

Hi @ross, Just managed to make the changes. Work fine.
Thanks