Behaviour Records hangs after submitting problems

Hi Ross sorry for the late reply this happens as soon as you login on any user i am going a bit crazy with this problem as i can’t find why this is happening i installed a test gibbons site on a sub domain and it works fine with no problems so the problem exist only in this database. was thinking of just starting scratch and install a new gibbons and input all the schools data but this is going to be a long process unless you might have a fix for me if you need access to my database to have a closer look let me know.

thanks orlando

Orlando,

Hmmm, I am at a loss as to how to troubleshoot this one without access to your server. If you want, you could email login credentials to your Gibbon interface and your server (SSH would be great) to support@gibbonedu.org, and I can log in and try and solve it.

Otherwise, backup the entire database, and try to install again and rebuild, and see if the issue does not return.

Let me know!

Thanks,

Ross

Hi Ross i just emailed you the login information to my server let me know if you received it.

Thanks Orlando

Orlando, sorry for the delay in replying. I got your email, I’m into CPanel, and I am now looking into the issue. Hopefully I’ll have something for you in 30 minutes or so.

Orlando, I cannot replicate this issue with your database on my local server…which means it is very hard for me to help you without working on your live server…and most likely is an issue on your server.

I did notice that there seems to be no students enrolled (even though there are some users with the role Student), and so I had to enrol some students myself. After this, I could add individual and multiple records, and edit them to. No hanging, errors, etc.

Do you want me to play with your live server to see what I can do?

Ross

Hi Ross i have made a new school year 2017-2018 and was having problems rolling over the students from 2016-2017 year thats why there theres no students listed i have re-activate school year 2016-2017 once more so now you should see students sorry about that let me know how you get on.

Hi Ross further to the school year rolling over from 2016-2017 to 2017-2018 i tried doing it once more and still not working when i do it its saying success but when i make 2017-2018 active i am only seeing staff but no students not sure if this is all linked to the same problem or if this is a new one

I think this is a separate issue, but this is not a bug, just that some information is missing. Before you do the rollover, make sure that there are form groups set up in 2017-18. This allows you to select the form group into which students are going when you do the rollover, in the Re-Enrol Existing Students section.

If you want to preset the form groups in this section you can do so by editing form groups in 2016-17 and selecting a 2017-18 form group in the Next Form Group dropdown. Alternatively, if your form groups are getting mixed up, you can go to People > Students > Student Enrolment, select 2017-18, and hand enrol those kids who are changing groups. This will make the rollover faster, as things are set up in advance.

Let me know if you want me to take a look at your production site to see about the behaviour issue.

Ross

Hi Ross thanks for that i have manage to move the students over to the new school year with your help, as for the problem with the Behaviour Records i will have a look at my server to see where the problem is coming from

Orlando, I feel terrible, as this slipped off my radar under a rising tide of emails! Did you manage to solve the issue, or is it still outstanding? Ross.

Hi Ross i manage to fix the problem yes i updated my MariaDB and all was ok after that sorry for the late reply been doing mid term assessments.
I am still unsure why i was getting that problem but i am happy its gone :slight_smile:

Orlando, awesome, thanks : ) Glad we did not lose you over that error, and thanks for sharing this answer as it might be useful to others. Do you happen to recall the version number of the problematic MariaDB version? I’m still using MySQL in production…but will try and work more with MariaDB at some point in the future, as it seems like a promising alternative. Thanks, Ross.

Hi Ross

Sorry for not replying soon been snowed under with mocks for my year 11 students for which MariaDB version i was using at the time was MariaDB 10.0 i am now on MariaDB 10.1 running with no problems at all our site is actually loading faster than ever :slight_smile: which is great news for me.
Let me know if you need further information regarding this matter thanks
Orlando