Fatal erro/Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function Gibbon\gettext()

dear admin,

when I install Gibbon. I m getting the following error, pls. help me to solve the issue.

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function Gibbon\gettext() in /Library/WebServer/Documents/core/src/Gibbon/Locale.php:249 Stack trace: #0 /Library/WebServer/Documents/core/functions.php(113): Gibbon\Locale->translate('Gibbon Installe...', Array, Array) #1 /Library/WebServer/Documents/core/installer/install.php(71): __('Gibbon Installe...') #2 {main} thrown in /Library/WebServer/Documents/core/src/Gibbon/Locale.php on line 249

Note:
my server details: Apache/2.4.34 (Unix)
PHP 7.3.4 (cli) (built: Apr 19 2019 00:20:56) ( NTS )
mysql Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.7.25, for macos10.14 (x86_64)

Thanks
Toby

Comments

• Hi Toby,

Gibbon uses gettext() to perform translated string replacements, but in some Apache/PHP installs it is not enabled by default. The best bet is to do some online research to look at how to install GetText on your platform.

The gettext function used by Gibbon is _(), which we've wrapped in __().

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks.

Ross
    toby
  • Thanks Ross, the problem solved when I change my php.ini. But now I can't open index.php, it's blank.
  • Hi Toby,

You are most welcome. Often a blank PHP page is a sign that there is an error. Can you check your PHP error logs to see what is going on?

Thanks,

Ross